Sunday, September 4, 2011

Jealousy after breakup

On Friday night, the IT Pilot and I went on another date out for sushi. We had a great time together and later went on to the Flying Saucer downtown where they serve a large variety of beers. We talked about the rest of the "stuff" and I pressed on about why he'd dumped me in the first place (it's always easier to get answers when there's alcohol involved.)

He told me that it'd been because he'd been stressed about work and school, and that he couldn't deal with a full blown relationship; He'd gotten scared. But after being apart for a month, he'd seen that he wanted to try it again, and he understood if I didn't want to. He said "I haven't been on any dates since you, but I noticed that you moved on rather quickly. And with that asshole out of all people. I can't believe you chose him."

He told me he'd gotten very jealous when he found out about me and Joshua, and really pissed off about a post I had made on Facebook saying I hoped my car was where I'd left it the night before.

"When I saw that I knew you were with him" he said. When I asked him how he knew, he said "Uh... cause of all your pictures together, duh."

I excused myself to go use the restroom and left my purse and phone on the counter. When I came back, I noticed I had a new text from Joshua that read: "So I guess good fun sex is out of the question?"

WTF?? Are you serious. God I hope the IT Pilot didn't see it. (He hadn't)

Regardless, I still wanted to give it another shot. I told him that it was going to take a lot of work to earn my trust back because he had dumped me for no reason that I could understand back then. He told me he didn't expect me to give him the trust back and wanted to work for it.

We went back to his apartment and got ready for bed. We began making out in bed, things heated up and we began having sex. It was just as I'd remembered it. It was great and left me incredibly pleased. We spent the weekend together at his apartment and had a peaceful time in each other's company. We didn't bring up much of the past, and rather focussed on enjoying our work-free days.

On Monday however, the IT Pilot woke up sick. I had successfully passed on my cold to him, except much more powerful. He called in sick for work the entire week and didn't fully recover until two weeks later. His doctor had prescribed him antibiotics, but the viral infection he'd gotten from me had hit him a lot worse. He'd had phlegm, coughing, sore throat, fever and sneezing. I felt incredibly guilty.

I offered to bring him food, and I always checked up to see if he ever needed anything. The answer was always no, but appreciative. He just wanted to sleep it off. 

After a while, things were looking good. I was spending the weekend at his place, and we would see each other normally in the middle of the week. We were building the relationship again, and although I was still on my guard, I was feeling a bit more optimistic as time passed.

Joshua on the other hand would not stop texting or calling me, and ignoring it wasn't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment