Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The men in my life....

Just keep disappearing.

I wonder if I'm supposed to play with them, treat them like shit, or be sensitive, but all of them just disappear so damn quickly. We have a great week of emails, chatting and phone talks. We meet, things get exciting, heat up then quickly fizzle.

Could it also have anything to do with putting out too quickly?

My friends say I should stop and meet men the old fashioned way and stay away from the internet.  Online dating websites have become a supermarket for me- carefully picking out from the top shelf near the back for the good stuff. Yet, everything just happens to fall right onto my face cause I can't quite grasp things so far out of reach.

Am I supposed to play with men the same way I've been played and hope that one of them will actually want to follow me?  Do I need to be dominant at first, and submissive later?

2 comments:

  1. I felt this way so many times. People would give me advice but really, it's just about making that connection. It is SO hard that it takes a lot of patience. I online dated and everyone told me to stop...but I only did match.com. None of the free sites. I found the men who would pay for a membership were usually more committed to finding someone, but also, a lot of the better catches on there have a lot of choices...so you'll get a lot of flakes who just stop calling because they meet someone better two days after their date with you.

    It sucks but as you get older, online is the ONLY way to meet people. You could try a hobby or maybe joining some groups with meetup.com...just to meet new people and branch out. You never know when you'll meet someone who has a son or brother or even dad who is perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to say what's going on with the men in your life, but it wouldn't hurt to try the advice your friend gave you and see how it pans out. I don't think putting out too early is a problem but you could try it

    In response to your comment, I just gave the doc my symptoms and how I was sad 99% of the time, I think as soon as you say "I'm feeling really sad" Docs automatically think it's depression.

    ReplyDelete