Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Friends with Benefits

We were talking about FWB (friends with benefits) the other night, and each of us girls was describing what would make a good buddy. I think I was the only who said she would go for someone who was moderately attractive. In my opinion, I feel like I would end up liking my buddy if he was too good looking, and end up developing feelings for him. I'd rather have an average Joe (still have a desirable body, just an okay face) because I'd feel more comfortable with them.

Is this what I was essentially using OkCupid for? Possible FWBs to avoid getting into any relationship and prevent myself from suffering any possibly heartbreak?


2 comments:

  1. Hi, first comment here, enjoy your blog very much.

    Although I don't have an answer, that is some interesting analysis. On the plus side, if you do end up falling for the average joe, it means he would have to be a really great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWB is tough. It takes a certain kind of person to pull it off because something happens. I don't know if it's hormones, natural instinct, what...but over time it seems women always develop a disturbing attraction for the men they're having sex with. That's what I've heard from everyone who tried something like that, anyway...

    ReplyDelete