Monday, February 22, 2010

He has Sexomnia

Sebastian has sexomnia, what can easily be described as "Sleep Sex, a legitimate medical disorder."

I admit I'd never taken this condition seriously prior to meeting him, as I considered it downright impossible. But then he told me he had experienced it twice in his previous marriage, and left me in a curious and "huh??" state.

Then I remembered this one girl who would masturbate in her sleep if she went to sleep on her back, (or was it her stomach?) and there was the typical sleepwalker. Sebastian told me that when he was younger, he'd go to the extremes of going to the kitchen and make himself and sandwich and eat it in a state of parasomnia. He'd carry full length conversations with people before going back to sleep. I asked him how he knew and he said "Because my dad told me."

I found it very humorous and interesting. I asked him what would trigger it and he said he didn't know. He only knew he'd become violent if he was involved in a fight right before going to sleep; which is why he told me we'd never share a bed following a fight. We've never fought, so I haven't experienced this event. I asked him what I should do if I found him sleepwalking and he said to utter the words "You're asleep" and he would drop right back into his sleep.

Then one night as I lay next to him in bed, he awakened me in the middle of my sleep by rolling over me and kissing me deep. Still half-asleep I thought it was one of those middle of the night sessions (which we'd never had.) I tried kissing him but was drowsy and was trying to push him off because I wanted to use the restroom. I never made it out of bed.



Caught up in the moment, I let the act progress until all of a sudden I hear him say "What's going on?"

Confused, I face towards him and answer "What do you mean?"

"How did I get here? How did we start?" he asked with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Were you...... asleep?" I asked him, half expecting him to say no.

"I....think... yes. Oh my god, no way" he answered.

"What??" I replied.

As we finished the deed, I turned on the light and tell him "Are you serious? You weren't awake at all? How is that possible??" I told him

"I just.... don't remember. What happened?" he asked.

"Well, you started kissing me pretty hard, rougher than normal, than you took off my pajamas and climbed on top of me and started......" I explained to him.

"Really?" He asked with a devious grin on his face.

It had indeed happened, and I was still shocked. Since then, it has happened more than a handful of times, and each time I'm surprised out of my sleep. It isn't apparent to me of what's happening until I'm completely awake and I'm able to judge his movements.

He moves aggressively and there is no foreplay. It makes me laugh, yes. His moves flow more smoothly and there are no pauses; almost like a robot with no interruptions. His thrusting happens to be at the same speed and he doesn't wake up until he's having an orgasm. I've been tempted to turn on the lights and say "You're asleep" just to see what will happen, but being the selfish creature that I am, I don't want to cut the action short. Plus, most of the time, I don't realize what's happening until a few minutes into it, and I always assume that he must have awoken by then, therefore don't want to sound like an idiot by saying the phrase.

In time, I've come to notice that he experiences sexomnia when we haven't seen each other and had sex in a few days. The last time it happened, he told me he'd been dreaming when he experienced it.

"About what?" I asked.

"That you and I were having sex" he answered confused.

"Funny because your dream became my reality" I said.

4 comments:

  1. LMAO. You should tell him "you're asleep" and see what he does! My husband talks to me in his sleep. He'll wake me up to tell me things like "Paul McCartney is my best friend".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I was thinking, "Well, she isn't stopping him, so she must enjoy it!"

    I read about this a while back when someone I worked with claimed she was having sex in her sleep. There was one guy who CLAIMED he was sleep-sexing when he got out of bed, got dressed, went out, and picked up girls to have sex with. I thought that was the strangest thing I'd heard. I can understand sleep-sex...but going through the effort of picking up girls to have sex with? There's no way.

    ReplyDelete