Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I needed retail therapy

I did quite a bit of shopping within the past week. And it actually only happened when I wasn't sleeping at home; I haven't slept in my bed since last Tuesday night. I guess boredom is starting to creep up on me.

Either that, or I needed to splurge.

I managed to go to the thrift store last week and paid $39.90 for:


  • 3 purses, (1 of which was by Nine West, the other by Liz Clairborne),
  • 3 jeans (Express, Lei and Sonoma),
  • 1 Pair black Polyester/Spandex slacks (New York & Company; not pictured),
  • 5 turtle necks; one of which I wore and Sebastian complimented me on; he had no idea where I'd bought it.
I also got a 30% discount for my next Sunday purchase which I gave to my mom. I like shopping second hand, but I don't like going to that store because their stuff is dusty, and not all the dresssing rooms have mirrors. I leave with itchy eyes and a runny nose.



As I've grown up, I've developed a more feminine taste for shoes and purses. I don't need to wear brand, because I hang out mostly with guys- and can they really tell designers apart? Most likely not. And if he can, he's not the one for me.

I also went to Target and bought a Converse blouse because it was on sale for $19.99 and fit my frame very well; regular price is $22.99. Then yesterday, I went to Ross and bought 4 pairs of shoes for about $71.

So I might not be exercising frugality when I pay full price at a "department" store, but I still manage to shop within my price range. I hardly ever pay over $30 for a pair of shoes, unless it's tennis shoes, and brand (that I will pay for). I manage to stay at $20. And Ross always has beautiful shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment