Friday, October 23, 2009

EUROPA

Continuing with our Euro Trip planning, we've decided to travel from Marseille to Rome by plane. The cost was 146€ per person for a total flight trip of 6 hours, versus 138€ for a train ride about 12 hours. Yeah..... I don't think I'm too excited about the possibility of getting hemorrhoids. Too much sitting hurts my tail bone.



I'm currently waiting at Sebastian's apartment for him to get off work so he can make this booking. So if we plan this right, I will be having breakfast in France, lunch in England, and dinner in Italy on my 25th birthday. I'm pretty excited about that part.


Here is an itinerary of our 12-day trip.




Transportation costs alone equal to approximately $1008 for each person. This includes:
  • Airfare: all 3 segments together $731
    • Houston --> London
    • London-->Paris
    • Marseille-->Rome (separate booking, 146€ )
    • Rome-->Houston
  • Train:
    • Paris-->Marseille 39€
Lodging equals approximately $411 for the two of us.
  • Hotel:
    • London, 2 nights at £29 per night 
    • Paris, 3 nights at 35€ per night 
    • Marseille, 3 nights, free, Family Home
    • Rome, 3 nights at 36€ per night
Currency Converter

2 comments:

  1. When I visited England back in 2006, we took the Eurostar to Paris and it was SUCH a great experience. I don't know if it's cheaper or not but it might be worth looking into. Plus, how often in your life do you get to ride an undersea train?

    I have an award for you on my blog today:

    http://stephie5741.blogspot.com/2009/10/and-award-goes-toyou.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, we did look into it, but when we booked the 3 flight segments together, (Houston->London->Paris, Rome->Houston) it was cheaper than to book just 2 flights.

    but i did go look at the prices, and noticed they weren't all that bad. I'll pass that tip to the next traveler.

    :) thank you for the award! it made my day!

    ReplyDelete