Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You never asked me to be yours [part 1]

Sebastian ended up coming over Friday night to have Unagi Don at my place. I had been craving eel for a few days, and couldn't bring myself to taking it out of the freezer and having it without him.




On Saturday, I went to one of my sister's fishing tournaments. I was hesitant to go because it was being held at a pond where there would be mosquitoes, but it was also one of the last weekends we'd be spending as a family while my grandma was still here. [She leaves to France next weekend]

I admit that I had a lot of fun fishing at the pond. It was a catch and release tournament for kids, but I even managed to catch a 2lb bass. It was awesome. My other sister managed to outdo everyone: In the last minute of the tournament, she caught a 7lb, 26in catfish completely surpassing the previous catch of 4lbs. She was very happy and managed to get the picture in the yearbook.





Then later that night, we went to a Disney on Ice show- totally meant for chicks. I was very surprised. I managed to get tears in my eyes because of how beautiful it was. I've always said that if something makes me well up in a good way, it's definitely worth it.





Sebastian ended up spending the entire day at my place on Saturday, though he wanted to return to his place to pay some bills; but since his birthday was on Sunday (#27) and I was planning to take him to a restaurant around my side of town, I asked him to stay.

I treated him to Fogo de Chao for his birthday lunch/dinner. A very pricey dinner that was. I've never spent $120 (+$20 tip) on dinner for two. It made me a bit nervous to hand over my credit card, but I figured that since he'd always been the one to treat us to dinner, I could do this once a year and hope it was a good dining experience for him.




to be continued on the next blog [my formating is completely off]

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I look at people's blog posts about food. That Brazilian steakhouse photo, following the unagi picture, totally made me drool.

    And yes, Disney on Ice does look like a feminine spectacle.

    Michael.
    Do you hate it too?
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

    ReplyDelete