Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The start of something new

  • Front page
I started the week just perfectly- I left the keys on my door the first night in. I'm just not used to coming in through a front door.

  • Local/domestic/national news
My little haven is relaxing. Just before moving out, I cried out to Sebastian and exclaimed my anxiousness to moving out alone for the first time. He told me that there was nothing to worry about- because he too was living on his own.

Yeah. You forgot the one part where you've lived with a girl since you moved out of your dad's house. And then another. And then your wife. You've always lived with a girl. In fact, at your 26 years, this is the first time you've lived on your own. Somehow, it's not the same as what I'm facing.

But after getting cozy on my couch the other night, I felt a moment of relief. It was so quiet. There was no one to bother me. I could do whatever I wanted, and there would be no one to complain about. I look around me and I realize that this is all mine. It's simple, but this is what makes me me. And if I ever get annoyed of being alone, I can leave at any moment's notice without having to tell anyone.
  • Business
Work is ok. I came in on tuesday even though I was very sick. The only reason I showed up was because no one would believe I'd gotten sick after labor day weekend. I went in today and though I felt better, I had a nasty cough that tickled a lot. My boss told me to go home because I wasn't "doing anyone any favors by being sick at work." Somehow I got the feeling she was actually mad at me for showing up at work. And since I didn't have much to do, I left around 10:30 and went to my mom's to pick up the last few boxes and some papers for my citizenship test and interview this friday. I later went over to Walmart to buy a rug, lamp and some knick-knacks.
  • Weather

It's been raining cats and dogs for the last couple of days. Quite a few lightning strikes. The rumbling reminds me of tremors in California.

Yeah.
I don't miss those at all.

  • Letters from the readers
I had my first two comments from a reader on my blog! I can't tell you how happy it made me to read their responses. I'm just wondering how they stumbled upon my page......
Thank you!
  • Society/People
I messaged BEG to find out if he'd be free tomorrow because I was going to be in his surrounding area after work. Within minutes, he tells me he's finally being called out to do a job out in East Texas. I was a bit relieved that he'd gotten called out because I got the feeling I would of had to make some time to see him this weekend. I can't keep finding excuses like before anymore.
  • Automobiles
It looks like Sebastian's car has finally seen the end of its days. Or at least I hope so. He drives a P.O.S Tercel that desperately needs body work. It doesn't bother me one bit that he drives it- it's his incessant obsession of finding a new car that has me completely annoyed. I've had to hear him talk about getting a new car ever since we met. He's asked for my opinion numerous times and all I end up telling him is that he should drive his Tercel to the ground before he commits to buying a brand new car. And accumulating more debt.
  • Cooking/cuisine
I managed to burn my fingers on my new toaster the other day as I was trying to get the bread to pop up. I haven't "cooked" yet- just heated up a skillet meal and a canned soup. So far, I've gotten my fruit intake through a smoothie- something Sebastian taught me to do. I normally don't eat any fruit, so he suggested I invest in a powerful blender and make smoothies with frozen fruit and apple juice. Blend. DONE!
  • Health/medicine
A new experiment comes into view. Sebastian was sick last week, and feeling overly optimistic of my immune system, I went to visit him and keep him company. He had advised me not to, but I did anyway.

  • +72 hours of exposure- first symptoms of cold appear: Itchy nose, mild sore throat
  • +4 days- severe sore throat, body aches, sneezing
  • +4 days, 12 hours- runny nose, sore throat
  • +5 days- sinus congestion, severe runny nose, headache, sneezing, mild sore throat, body aches and ear decompression.
  • +6 days- minor body aches, mild to non-existent sore throat, mild runny nose, ear decompression, itchy throat, mild coughing.
  • +7 days- itchy throat, phlegm, severe coughing
Results: Fail.
I've been on Sudafed, cough drops and Dayquil.

  • Home & decoration
I put up my picture frames on my walls and my clocks as well. I put together my new lamp and my rug to prevent any stains from spills I will have. The only thing that sucks is having a dumpster about as far as a freaking football field. I've turned off my A/C because it turns on when I have it set at 80 and I don't feel I need it. The rotating fan that Sebastian gave me is better than perfect and does the job of cooling me down perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment